“Speech with Milo” apps were created by a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist, and have been downloaded over 350,000 times. “Speech with Milo: Adjectives” was created as a versatile and entertaining speech therapy tool for children. Milo is for speech therapists working with children, or parents who want to teach language skills to their children. The app offers an enjoyable tool used in therapy at a cheap price.
“Bright, colourful and easy to use it will get all toddlers and pre-schooler’s attention.”- Fun Educational Apps
“Milo’s wealth of animated demonstrations of descriptive words helps to build a visual reference for what an adjective is rather than relying on an abstract definition.” – Apps for Homeschooling
“Speech with Milo: Adjectives” is centered on an adorable and energetic mouse named Milo. This application is intended for children, approximately ages 2-10, in order to teach basic descriptive words. Adjectives are words that describe nouns. There are 55 of the early developing adjectives in this app. It is great for toddlers and preschoolers, as well as older children with language delays. The app comes with instructions from a licensed SLP. This app can be used for infants and toddlers, as well as children with language delays.
- Used in therapy for children with special needs, such as: Autism / Asperger Syndrome, Down Syndrome, developmental delays, cognitive delays, speech and language delays.
- Fun and affordable
- Milo, an animated mouse, keeps children interested and motivated to learn.
- Instructions for Speech Therapists and Parents (in English only)
- Adjective is spoken as the action is completed to reinforce action with auditory input. There is an option to turn this feature off.
- Written adjective is displayed at the bottom of the screen to reinforce reading skills.
- Phrase button allows child to listen to a sentence using the adjective.
- Milo takes a break every once in a while with some cheese and a dance. The child gets to feed Milo some cheese and watch him dance as a reward for his/her hard work.
- You may customize the actions that Milo performs. On List of Actions from the Home Page, you can do the following: random order, alphabetical order, or select your own custom set of adjective to work on by touching the word(s) in list of actions to activate/deactivate blue button.
- Background music can be turned off if it is too distracting for the child.
NOTE: THE APP IS ANIMATION INTENSIVE, WHICH MEANS IT MAY TAKE AS MUCH AS TWO MINUTES TO DOWNLOAD. IT IS WELL WORTH THE WAIT!
Doonan Speech Therapy is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 1-3,4-7, Parents
Categories: Special Needs, Vocabulary
for support issues: www.speechwithmilo.com